Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Privacy? Privacy?!? Don't talk about privacy!!

     Welcome once again to The view from the Sun, I am, as always your host, Eros Helios, but you can just call me Helios, or Eros, or E you know what, it's really up to you. I missed a few days of blogging because, well, honestly I've been busy getting my life back in order, or at least trying to. Something that piqued my interest and I'm sure it will anyone else who uses Facebook is an article recently written and posted on Yahoo.

     The article, while not the most fantastically written piece, is informative about changing privacy options on Facebook. Now, I happen to really enjoy Facebook and connecting with people on it, the article entitled "Stealth mode: Making yourself nearly invisible on Facebook" By: Nicholas Jackson can be found here Making yourself nearly invisible  The point to this particular blog, is not to tell people what to do, it's my opinion.

     I think a lot of people ignore the elephant in the room that is the issue of privacy. Some people are open books, they don't care (to an extent) what information other people can get, what pictures anyone can see, what friends and family say on your page. Conversely there are others who don't want to allow anyone to see anything they post unless they are a friend or family member, and that's okay too. It's entirely about your personal preference and how exposed you want to make your information. I lean toward the latter rather than the former, since I don't want to have some random company or an ex to know what I'm doing and who I'm doing what with.

     There are many people who complain and complain about status updates too, and, frankly, it's up to the person who wants to tell the world that they are eating sushi at the most popular Japanese restaurant, or I've even seen some that get graphic in nature, people talking about getting laid or laying themselves(if you know what I mean.) If you want people to know what you are doing almost up to the millisecond, hey, good for you if not, good for you too.

     Posting pictures is fun. I enjoy showing people the inner workings of what my life is like, who my friends are, what makes me tick(occasionally) and I don't have a problem with any kinds of pictures as I'm into photography. Classy, artsy types of pictures are cool, animal pictures are usually cute or funny, pictures of people are good too. Showing who you are, who your friends are and who is in your life is something that everyone likes to do, unless you are one of those prudish types that want nothing to do with photographs.

     The point is, we are all individuals, we all have different opinions, different choices to make. Many people, including myself, enjoy showing the world our lives through photos, status updates, and likes and interests and all the different categories that Facebook has, it's purely up to each individual to decide what's right for them.

     And with that, another one is in the books, or the webs or whatever we want to call it. I'm not sure what the next blog will be about and I wouldn't have it any other way, I like "winging it" and hopefully you've all been thoroughly entertained. Someday, I might even have "plugs" to do, but until I find someone that writes on a regular basis, I can't.

     I hope you've enjoyed the view from the Sun, and I will be back, soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment