Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Inspiration

Okay, so, I've been itching to write something for a while, and well, I thought why not write about something that I like. I like music, so, I'm gonna write a "blog" with my personal top 10 inspirational songs. Now, I'm an eclectic kind of person, so they are gonna vary from rock to country, I might even make it a top 20 who knows so, without further ado, I bring to you, inspiration.

Number 10. "Not afraid" By Eminem

With lyrics that describe his fight with his personal demons, and the fight to recover, this is to me inspirational. Hearing the first line "I'm not afraid, to take a stand" just makes goosebumps appear. I've never had a battle with drugs and alcohol, but this song can be applied to any battle.

Number 9. "This fire burns" by Killswitch engage (C.M. Punk theme)

While being a wrestling theme song for one of the currently most despised characters on WWE Television, the song itself was introduced when C.M. Punk debuted as a "fan favorite". Hearing the first notes of the song, you know it's gonna be upbeat, but then the lyrics kick in and it's almost as though you can feel the fire of passion burning inside you.

Number 8. "Empire State of Mind" By Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys.

Jay-Z's New York anthem is an upbeat song, speaking pride for the place that made him, and while there is more to the "Empire State" than just New York City like many people seem to think, it's nice just knowing that there are people who have made it, from this the "Empire State."

Number 7. "Living in America" By James Brown.

"Living in America" featured on "Rocky IV" tells of all the things in America that make it a great country. The soulful way that Mr. Brown sings his pride for living in America, is just unique in that "Godfather of Soul" kinda way. Makes me feel like I can go out and do anything to achieve the dream.

Number 6. "I came to Play" The Miz theme.

I know, another wrestling theme, but, wrestling has been a big part of my life since I was a toddler. Listening to the lyrics, from the first word "AWESOME" this song is all about arriving at the next level and telling everyone, "Hey, I'm here, I'm ready, I came to play."

Number 5. "I would do anything for love (but I won't do that)" By: Meat Loaf.

Now, I know that this is a love song and all, but I can't help listening to it and feeling like I really would do anything and everything for love, true love, not the kind that won't last. The actual album version of the song is a staggering 12:01 long, but the piano intro is epic.

Number 4. "Just close your eyes" By: Story of the year.

I don't really have a reason per se as to why this song inspires me, it just does. The way it tells a story about hearing and seeing yourself for what you should be  and having a light turned on inside, becoming truly alive.

Number 3. "Metallingus" By: Alterbridge.

This is a great song, in my opinion. The upbeat tempo, combined with inspiring lyrics that, to me, mean never give up, never have regrets, never stop trying.

Number 2. "Gonna fly now (Rocky theme)" By: Bill Conti

While it is a purely instrumental song, I defy anyone to not want to go out and drink some raw eggs, pound some iron and run some stairs, while listening to this.  No matter what, everyone knows who Rocky is, and what he stands for: Never giving up, even against the Russians.

And the number 1 most inspirational song in my opinion is: "EYE OF THE TIGER" By: Survivor



Anyone who knows me really well, would probably have guessed at the beginning of this list, that this song would be number 1. From the beginning chords to the end, this song really makes me want to find a beach to run on, a pool to swim in, and a Mister T to beat up. Although some (Steve) have said it makes no freakin kinda sense to sing about "eyes of tigers" for a guy who is "The Italian Stallion" I think it's more about the will to win, the will to fight, the eye of the tiger man.

Well, there you have it. My official top 10 Inspirational songs. I didn't go too eclectic, but I think that these 10 songs could inspire anyone, as long as you listen to the lyrics and hear the message. I hope you enjoyed my opinion, and if you have comments, just leave them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment