Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Not bank notes, music notes

     Welcome back to the view from the sun, where the only thing hotter are celeb nipple slips. I am as you know, the one and only (thank God) Eros Helios, bringing you, as usual a bunch of stuff you definitely might need to know.

     Just a quick f.y.i. kinda thing: when I post using the mobile app, the blogs are shorter because it deceives me, making it seem longer than it actually is. Kinda like when a guy shaves his pubes and his dick looks bigger, it's just an illusion sad to say.

     So here I am, once again at Walmart. Okay, so I'm in the parking lot because on my way here, I was listening to some tunage and thought, "oh, that might make a decent blog topic" so, here we are.

     I love my family, I really do, but, I think that their music preferences have stunted me musically. See, when I was growing up, the only music my parents listened to was country music. I happen to love a good country song....if I feel the need to want to shoot myself.  Too dramatic? Okay. I really do enjoy country music, it invokes many feelings and makes me miss the age of mullets and the line dancing craze. My issue isn't exactly with country music, but I think my parents could have been a tad more eclectic.

     I'm not saying all music is good, or bad for that matter, in fact I am glad that I missed the beginning of scream-o rock because, I don't believe my throat and vocal cords could take the abuse, but some of the punk rock, grunge, alternative, and classic rock genres would have been great.

     I was in my mid twenties when I was finally exposed to the full catalogs of AC/DC and KISS, I had heard KISS before, but never even knew who they were. I had never heard much Zeppelin until then either. Pink Floyd was another cd in the store, along with many others.

     The first time I had heard anything by The Beatles, I was reading sheet music for chorus. Masters of the #1 hits and I was amused and taken aback by their chillung Eleanor Rigby who died alone or the whimsical Yellow Submarine.

     I have since tried to listen to as much new music as possible, and as much classic music as well. All while having an open mind because, once you are conditioned a certain way, it's very difficult to recondition yourself.

     I urge everyone to give some new music a listen, even if it's old, your brain will thank you, and in the end, maybe it's music that brings nations together, stops wars and hatred. Thus is a crazy train we're riding, and I refuse to be just another brick in the wall, so whether I'm on a highway to hell or climbing a stairway to heaven, I'm going to do all that I can do to live the way I want to live and let the music continue to inspire me.

     As always, I wish you a sunny day, maybe I should change my name seeing as how I'm such a night owl. Something with lunar references maybe...Nah, I like my names and whatnot. This is most likely going to have a part 2 because there is so much music that I didn't get in here. Until then, I bid you farewell.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with most of this! I don't think we're going to bring different cultures together with music though. Remember "We are the World?" But I do agree that you should listen to as much music as possible, not just hear it, but listen to it. That's the most important part is listening to the lyrics and feeling the music. I actually get a tough time because I am so eclectic with my musical tastes, but I stand my ground, and sometimes actually get others to give it a try. Great post Eros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so maybe not world peace, but still, it could be good.

    ReplyDelete