Monday, March 12, 2018

It's been a little bit, yeah?

Welcome once again, to that blog that flaunts the flair(Wooooo) and fills the heart like drinking MD20/20, the brightest view I can facilitate, the View From the Sun! I am as always your host, Helios, but my friends call me Erik.

     There's a lot of scary stuff in the world, but I'm here to tell you some less scary stuff, and perhaps, make you laugh. This is going to be a bit of a confession(ish), with a touch of regular life stuff, I think. I've meant to write this for the last oh, four or five days, but I've just been having a terrible case of writers block/laziness.

     I don't know what I'm doing. I know, a lot of people say that too, but in this case, it's so legitimately true. I'm not working as hard as I could or should. In the gym, or in life in general. I just don't know what is effective and is actually going to help me. What, besides changing my diet(which I'm trying to do) is going to have the best impact. Also, getting up to do cardio is difficult, but that's my fault due to the years of inactivity.

     I know that we aren't supposed to compare ourselves to others, but it's difficult not to. We see so many others figure it out, and we sit and try to figure out why we can't "get the recipe right" and thus, we end up in a cycle of detesting ourselves and our method that doesn't work, and think that there's no way to get this right.

     Adding to all these insecurities, I find my mind more often than not, in a realm of fog. I always feel like I've not gotten enough sleep. My focus is lackluster, and my attention span has fallen severely. Maybe I try to "multitask" too much. Maybe I just let myself believe that there's no such thing as too much screen time, and even as an adult, there's a limit. Maybe it's just time to disconnect a little bit. Make sure that I have a bit more non-screen time.

   I've literally been working on this blog for a few days...I keep getting distracted, and well, my laptop(am I the only one who still uses an actual laptop for stuff like this?) has been kinda acting like a spoiled toddler. I'm finally able to get back on this track.

     I don't want to turn this fine blog into a boring, droning, confession piece, or a whiney, poor me bit. All I can really do is end this, and say I'm going to do everything that I can to get myself back on track because I have dreams. I have a future of some sort because I choose to do better.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment