Monday, June 11, 2018

Games I'm excited for from E3 2018(Subject to Change)

If you're a gamer, like me, then you know that E3 is in full swing, and here are some of the games that I personally am interested in. Now, this is as of Monday at 01:12 AM, so there's sure to be additions to this, and I'm only going to be delving into the games that are confirmed, and not rumored.

Anthem - Won't be out until next year, but this is in my potential file. I'm a bit iffy because as much as EA claims that they are trying to learn from the backlash over their many mistakes, I'm not 100% sure they are being honest.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - No release date as of yet and I do need to get through Origins, but I was sufficiently impressed with the bit of Origins that I did play, to put this next iteration on my list. Also, Ancient Greece? I'm a huge mythology fan, so that's a bonus.

Battlefield V - Because Battlefield(though it's an EA title) does have a good track record, for the most part. I'm hoping that between this and another potential on my list Call of Duty, the battle royale genre will be playable without constant crashes(Ahem, PUBG on Xbox).

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - Announced last year, this game looks fun and I'm actually a noob because I haven't gotten to play the first one, which I need to do.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 - This is a very tentative title on my list because I'm not a fan of not having a campaign mode, and the futuristic warfare. However, Call of Duty, even if it's not exactly what I think it should be, it's almost always fun.

Crackdown 3 - This is a game that I'm not very familiar with in terms of its canon and mythology, but come on, Terry Crews! Terry is one of the most entertaining men to perform in the entertainment industry, and lending his voice and likeness to a game like Crackdown 3 seems to be a match made in heaven.

Death Stranding - This game looks effin' weird, and that's in a good way. Plus, again I'm going to have to give it up to the actors for piquing my interest. Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen send my interest in this game into overload.

Devil May Cry 5 - Devil May Cry is just a fun series, and this game looks to expand on the mythology, and fun.

The Division 2 - The first Division was riddled with launch issues, and well, while the storyline was okay the lack of endgame content and dark zone issues was a problem for a game that seemed like it was meant to compete with Destiny. This game improve so much over the past two years, that that makes me excited for its sequel.

Doom Eternal - Doom is such a fun series. It's not for everyone, but who doesn't like heading to Hell to slaughter demons and monsters?

Fallout 76 - An interesting direction to take the series, but it definitely has potential. Being able to play solo or with friends is cool, but my biggest issue is with it being "completely online". That's the exact same way Destiny and Destiny 2 are, so if the servers are attacked or if a player has a bad internet connection, you have a $60 dollar frisbee(if you didn't buy digital). That being said, I'm looking forward to what it has to show.

Gears 5 - The Gears of War series is so good. I think it's "bro-speak" writing is actually smarter than most people give it credit for. Multi-player is a lot of fun, and the story is interesting.

Halo Infinite - I like Halo, or I like the thought of it since I've not actually played through the series despite owning the Master Chief Collection(I should probably get on that).

Mega Man 11 - Because who doesn't love Mega Man?

Metro Exodus - This game looks intense. I don't know though, how much longer the zombie apocalypse trope is going to be viable. There are so many other zombie games either out or coming out that the genre is actually getting saturated. I suppose if the FPS genre isn't dying yet, perhaps the Zombie genre isn't quite ready to fully die yet either.

Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee - I'm very sketchy about this game. I played Pokemon go, and Eh, it's okay in my opinion. I'm not sure about mixing console/mobile pokemon games. It looks like it could be a fun game for kids though, and I'm okay with getting more Pokemon players in this world.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - This game looks like it has many mechanics similar to For Honor. In fact, a friend of mine and I both thought it was a For Honor sequel. That being said, it does look interesting.

Skull and Bones - This game has been on my radar since it was announced last year at E3, and it will definitely satisfy my desire to pirate.

SoulCalibur VI - I haven't played a SoulCalibur game since the third iteration of the game, so I can't wait to get back to the world of SoulCalibur when it arrives.

Spider-Man - My god, this game has so much to live up to and I'm not sure if it will do so. The last Spider-man games have left a disappointing feeling with me, and I'm sure many other gamers. There's nothing so freeing(in gaming) like web slinging. Not even flying around as a superhero in a game like DCUO is quite as fun.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - The memories of playing the original Spyro games have been stirred by this and, I hope that it's not just "rose colored glasses" talking. Crash Bandicoot N'sane trilogy is a fun flashback to my youth, and I doubt Spyro will let me down.

Super Smash Bros. - This is definitely gonna be a fun one. I think my niece and I will spend time beating the tar out of each other(virtually, of course) with some of the funnest characters in the video gaming world.


This is my list for now. This is subject to change not only by new announcements, but also in the future if a game is shown to look like it may be sucky, then my mind will likely change. If you're a gamer, it's both a fun and worrying time due to certain controversies in the community, but I think that if we as gamers put aside or miniscule differences, we can come together and have fun playing awesome games, offer constructive criticism, and improve the industry.


Thanks for reading, Eros.

1 comment: