Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Away

Welcome one and all to this, View from the Sun. I am as always your host with the most, Eros.

     I don't know what it is, but as soon as I'm in a vehicle, I feel better. Most of the time. I usually have a destination in mind, but even when I get there, I am so content to be away from home that I can just chill in the parking lot for untold amounts of time, and I'm cool with that.

     Now, some of that might have to do with my smartphone and having the ability to blog, Google+, Facebook, check my email and just search the web on the go. It's a freedom that is so nice because, who wouldn't love to blog on the beach, write a restaurant review as you are getting served, post the play by play of a baseball game, football game, wrestling event, or even pictures and videos of a kick ass concert.

     Being away doesn't mean the same thing as it used to. Google+ has a hangout feature I can use right on my phone and chat with 3,4 friends, who I normally wouldn't be able to "hang out" with.

     Though the mobility is nice, the sheer freedom to be able to do all this and more, in the future I'm sure, is what makes a smart phone, for some, a near necessity.

     Some features are just not really necessary, like the check in feature that various sites employ. My location isn't needed for public knowledge,  but I use it because I can. I'm not afraid of someone knowing where I am, but it's not a necessity.

     The freedom to be away from home, yet still do so much, is a fantastic freedom. Of course there will be those who abuse it, but people abuse everything that is invented, look it up, Google or YouTube or Wikipedia will tell you. Right Casper?

     Well, that's about it for tonight, or right now anyway, hopefully, my writers block will be fully unblocked and I will be able to pump out more bloggy goodness on a more consistent basis.

     One last thing, tomorrow is the 4th of July, our independence day, remember why we celebrate it. Not for corrupt governments, or big business, but our independence from the same sort of tyranny that we are headed for if we refuse to stand up for our rights as dictated by God and our forefathers. Happy Independence day, and thank you you the American soldiers who protect our way of life, the non corrupt members of the police departments who protect us domestically and the EMT's, Firefighters and first responders who save us from various tragedies. God bless you all and THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment