Friday, August 2, 2013

Rude awakening

     Hello readers, and welcome once again to the view from the sun. I am your host as always, the charming Eros Helios. Today is day 2 on my long journey and, man did it come with a rude awakening when it comes to my diet.

     I like coffee. Anyone who knows me, knows this to be true. My local coffee joint is Tim Horton's, and as I do on most days, I went to buy myself coffee. Well, I didn't just get coffee, I also got oatmeal and a muffin. I should have just stuck with the coffee, and maybe the oatmeal, because the muffin has 400 calories, and then I look at the coffee, it has 440 calories in it. I know, sugar is not good for me, but it's a habitual kinda thing, and I like my coffee to be sweet-ish. Then I looked at the cream, and the cream has 300 calories for an extra large.

     With all that in mind, it looks like I'm going to have to either cut down on my coffee, cut down on cream and sugar or find lower calorie, non artificial sweetener, natural sweetener. It's just one thing that I'm going to have to change, but in the end it will be worth it. I suppose that coffee wasn't meant to be guzzled by the gallon anyway (hyperbole, I don't actually drink it by the gallon), but to be sipped and enjoyed slowly, just as life is meant to be.

     I'm thinking that I might write more than one of these blogs a day, because if I write one in the morning, well, you miss out on the rest of the day. Who knows. The road may be long and winding, but ultimately, it's going to be enjoyable.

     Thanks for checking me out, til next time, stay sunny!

1 comment:

  1. try stevia (not sure if spelled right) for sweetener. Freeman went from 3 pots plus a day to one cup every once in a while when he was diagnosed with diabetes because of the fact that he put 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar in each cup so from his experience I know where you are coming from it is normal in your family to drink coffee it is just what you guys do. Switch sweeteners and creamers and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete